Veere Di Wedding: Movie Review
VEERE DI WEDDING is a high spirited and upbeat coming of age story revolving around the lives of four childhood friends Kalindi (Kareena Kapoor), Avni (Sonam kapoor), Meera (ShikhaTalsania) & Sakshi (Swara Bhaskar). Ten years later when these four best friends reunite, they don’t realize how much life has changed from what they expected. The film is set against the backdrop of Delhi, where the girls are born and brought up, their trials and tribulations in modern day world, regarding family acceptance, marriage & societal perceptions.
What’s Good –
- The acting performances by all the four leading ladies is top notch and applauseworthy
- Yet I felt Swara Bhaskar and Sonam Kapoor in their roles were superlatively awesome.
- The movie portrays the bonding between four childhood school friends and how they grow up to be ferociously independant modern women who are unable to adjust to the conservative thinking of their families and regressive judgmental Indian society, these girl pals chill like there is no tomorrow and unabashedly say what they have to say to the shocking surprise of most people.
- The dialogues are the second best part of the movie.
- It’s and out bindass girls chick flick which everyone can enjoy.
What’s Bad –
The narrative feels stretched and slow in some parts and I feel the movie should have been edited better and been shorter by 15 to 20 mins, the movie is a wannabe dil chahta Hai but lacks depth and class.
My Verdict – It’s a female bromance film, where four teenage friends share a special bond well into their adult lives, they unabashedly swear break society dictats and enjoy life and have lots of fun.