Amity Law School, Amity University Uttar Pradesh Lucknow Campus is organizing a National Seminar on ENVIRONMENT AND PUBLIC HEALTH: ISSUES AND REMEDIES from 24th January to 25th January 2019 at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
Who can participate
We invite all the Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars and Students to participate in the Seminar.
The Seminar will be divided into three interactive sessions which will be headed by a Chairman and Co-Chairman.
Session Themes: Law, Sustainable Environment and Climate Change
- Interaction between Environment and Public health
- The Sustainable Development and Millennium Development Goals
- Climate Change and international commitments
- Forest Conservation and Industrialisation: Diversion of forest land for non-forest purposes
- The overlap of poverty, urbanization, and lack of sanitation on Public Health
- Intensification of agriculture, industrialization and increasing energy use
- Effect of exposure to chemicals
- Biomedical waste and Hazardous Waste Management system
- State’s responsibility for climate change damages
- Legal Framework and innovative approaches to environmental degradation and better health
Session Themes: Environmental Protection and Sustainable Governance
- The National Policy on Biofuels-2018
- Air Quality Index and Policies for Abatement of Pollution
- The importance of National River Conservation Plan
- Right to Clean water vis-a-vis Public Health and riverbed management
- Corporate environmental responsibility
- Natural Resources and Corporate Liability
- Transparency in Allocation of Natural Resources
- The Nuclear Waste Disposal Management and its effectiveness
- E-Waste and regulatory framework vis-à-vis scope of Green Criminology
- Plastic Pollution and anti-plastic laws in India
- Role of statutory bodies viz. National Green Tribunal, Pollution Control Boards in environmental regulation
Session Themes: Public Health and Framework for Social Change
- Fundamental Right to Health and Judicial Activism
- Swachh Bharat: Open Defecation and Health concerns
- Ayushman Bharat: The National Health Protection Mission
- National Health Insurance Schemes
- The shifting paradigm of mental healthcare
- The perils of persistent drug abuse and combative legal framework
- The pre-natal healthcare framework and its effectiveness
- The scope and future of Mobile and E-healthcare services
- The packaging/labeling rules for tobacco products: scope and effectiveness
- Emergency Healthcare and Laws
- The role of FSSAI in Public Health management and preventing food adulteration
- Lifestyle changes and Public Health
Guidelines for Paper Presentation
- The topics laid down in the themes are suggestive and the final article/paper can incorporate more than one issue.
- Abstract should not be more than 250 words and a maximum of 5(five) relevant keywords.
- Full Paper- 2500 Words minimum excluding references and footnoting(Descriptive footnotes and substantive text in the footnotes is not permitted)
- Footnotes must follow The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (Harvard, 19th Edition).
- Abstract and Full paper is to be submitted as soft copy only in MS-Word format(Typed in Times New Roman, 14 point Heading and 12 point Normal text with 1.5 spacing and 10 point with 1.0 spacing footnotes).
- A separate MS-Word File should be submitted containing the article title, followed by author’s name, affiliation, communication address, email, and phone details.
- A declaration waiving the copyright by the author and stating that all submissions are original and bonafide work of the author.
- No part of the submitted paper should contain any form of identification of the author or any such information if found would lead to disqualification.
- Only 1(one) co-author is permitted.
- All papers (abstract and full) must be submitted at email@example.com under the subject name: “AMITY LKO 2019 SEMINAR- TITLE OF THE PAPER- AUTHOR’S NAME”.
Certificate of Participation/Presentation
- Certificate of participation/paper presentation will be issued to those who participate/present paper themselves.
- Those whose paper is accepted, but do not attend the seminar will not get the certificate.
- Best research paper of each technical session will get a certificate of excellence.
- Last date for Registration (Abstract and Author’s details via E-mail): 5th January 2019 (23:59 hrs.).
- Confirmation date for Selected Abstract: 10th January 2019
- Last date for Full Paper Submission via E-mail: 20th January 2019 (23:59hrs.).
Registration Fee (till 19th January 2019)
- Professional participants: Rs. 1500/-
- Students participants: Rs. 1000/-
- Students participants (Amity University, Lucknow Campus): Rs. 800/-
Registration Fee (after 19th January 2019/ On Spot Registration)
- Professional participants: Rs. 2000/-
- Students participants:Rs1500/-
- Students participants (Amity University, Lucknow Campus): Rs. 1000/-
Registration Fee (As Participant)
Anyone can attend the seminar as part of the audience on 24/1/2019 by paying the fees of Rs.500.
Certificate of attendance will be provided.
Accommodation and Travel
Accommodation will be provided in the campus, to the delegates who are coming from outstation on the payment of Rs. 500 in advance, from 23/1/19(evening) till 26/1/19(morning.) However, hotel accommodation may be arranged on a payment basis. No travel expenses will be provided.
- Kaushlesh Pandey: +91 8004485976
- Akash Kishan Gupta: +91-7380607506
- Yash Pandey: +91- 7054128682
- Aarti Yadav:+91- 9170520753
For any further clarification, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.