JEE Main Colleges includes a number of reputed colleges. JEE main 2018 exam has been successfully concluded including Paper – 1 and Paper – 2. Now, the candidates are desperately waiting for their results, However, more than the results, candidates are eagerly waiting for the cut-off that will help them in choosing the right option from the wide range of JEE Main Colleges.
JEE Mains was conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education to facilitate admission in over 90 public as well as private participating JEE main colleges. In some colleges, they offer admission based on JEEM Main score and some the colleges provide admission on the basis of JEE AIR score.
Among other private institutes, here is the list of JEE Main participating colleges 2018 include:
- 18 IITs (Institutes of Information Technology)
- 23 IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology)
- 31 NITs (National Institutes of Technology)
- 23 GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institutes)
How Is AIR (All India Rank) JEE Main Score Calculated
The Participating JEE Main Colleges invites for the admission on the basis of JEE Main All India Rank. The Rank List of the candidates will be published on 30th of April 2018 for Paper – 1 and the rank list of Paper – 2 will be available on 30th of May 2018. The All India Rank is calculated by taking the score of JEE Main as well as the score of class 12th (Qualifying Exam). The JEE Main counselling begin after the announcement of the JEE Main All India Rank. JEE Main counselling will be started to provide the admission in JEE Main Colleges and various institutes like NITs, IITs, Centre or State-funded technical institutesall across the country.
Apart from the JEE participating colleges, there also various institutes available that provide admissions in Engineering courses on the basis of marks scored in JEE Main 2018. These institutes provide the admission and accept the JEE Main score but they organize their individual counselling for admission. The Participating colleges that don’t use the process of centralised seat allocation, they prepare their own ranking.
JEE Main Participating States 2018:
There are total seven states who have participated in JEE Main to provide admission with any separate entrance exam or counselling. The states are Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, Odisha, Punjab, and Uttarakhand.
Here is the list of the JEE Main Colleges that provide admission through individual counselling. The list is comprised of noted and reputed colleges and they accept the admission on the basis of JEE main score. The list is given below:-
|Name of the Institute||Location|
|IISC, Indian Institute of Science||Bangalore|
|BIT, Birla Institute of Technology||Jaipur, Patna, Deogarh|
|Jaypee Institute of Information technology||Noida, Guna, Waknaghat|
|PEC University of Technology||Chandigarh|
Note: If the States decides to provide the admission to the candidates in the State-affiliated engineering colleges, then the State may prepare a separate rank-list which will be based on their own sets of criteria.
Delhi JEE Main Colleges 2018
- Here are the eligibility criteria for Delhi colleges that provide admission through JEE Main Scores.
- The Candidates should be placed in merit list based on their JEE Main 2018 with score 60% and class 12th or other qualifying exams with 40%.
- 85% seats are reserved only for the candidates who belong to Delhi and also who have passed their qualifying exams from boards and institutes in NCT Delhi.
- 15% seats are reserved for the candidates who don’t belong to Delhi.
- The admission in the Delhi JEE Main Collegeswill be conducted on the basis of common counselling which is known as JAC (Joint Admission Counselling) Delhi 2018.
The result of JEE Main Paper 22018 will be declared online on 30th of April 2018 along with qualifying status for the JEE Advanced. After the results, eligible candidates can select the college from the list of JEE Main Colleges 2018.