Stree Shakti-Deshki Shakti
Naree Shakti-Shashakt Bharat
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Launched by Prime Minister in January, 2015
- Being implemented in 161 districts across the country which have low Child Sex Ratio at Birth (SRB).
- Extensive outreach campaign combined with large number of local innovations and stakeholders participation for improving SRB
- Promoting compulsory registration of pregnancies and institutional deliveries.
- In 30 months, 104 districts out of 161 have shown improvement in SRB.
- The scheme is being expanded to all the districts of the country.
Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
- Launched by Prime Minister in June, 2015 as a part of BetiBachaoBetiPadhao campaign.
- Special bank accounts for meeting the expenses of education and marriage of the girl child
- Provides for small affordable deposits at the highest rate of interest
- More than one crore SukanyaSamridhi accounts opened
Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana
- Launched by Prime Minister in May, 2016
- Aims to provide free LPG connections to women from BPL households so as to reduce cooking time and protect the health of the women.
- 2.2 crore LPG gas connections have so far been distributed.
Mahila Shakti Kendras
- The anganwadi centres in the villages to be upgraded and re-modeled as centres for empowerment of women in villages.
- Rs.500 crores allocated for establishment of Mahila Shakti Kendras
Six months maternity leave
- Maternity benefit Act amended in March, 2017 to make 26 weeks’ paid maternity leave mandatory for women working in any organization.
- The objective is to enable the mother to take care of new born child and provide exclusive breast feeding for first 6 months.
Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritava Abhiyan
- To provide assured, comprehensive and quality antenatal care, free of cost, to all pregnant women on 9th of every month.
- Rolled out in the entire country, PMSMA is conducted at 11000 health facilities.
- 40 lakh antenatal checks so far
Stand up India
- Launched by Prime Minister in April, 2016
- Aims to promote entrepreneurshipamong SC/ST women
- Over 23000 SC/ST women have benefitted so far from this scheme
Once Stop Centres – Sakhi
- Launched in March, 2015, the centres provide under one roof medical, police, legal help and psycho-social counseling to women affected by violence.
- 161 centres have already been established in the country which have helped thousands of women.
- Target is to establish at least one centre per district by March, 2019.
Panic button on mobile phones
- All new mobile phones, manufactured/ imported in India have been mandated to have a physical panic button to help women in distress situation.
- The facility of panic button is being backed up by emergency response system of police.
- The trials for panic button and police response system to begin in Uttar Pradesh in December, 2017.
Universalization of women helpline (181)
- Additional facilityfor women in distress situation
- Sanction for all 33 statesand funds allocated
- 19 states have already operationalized the helpline
Shelter homes for widows
- 592 homes for widows being provided financial support by the central government
- Largest ever government funded home for 1000 widows constructed in Vrindavan.
Shelter home for women rescued from sex trade
- 286 projects for rescue and rehabilitation of women from sex trade being financially supported by the government.
Working Women’s Hostels
- 946 hostels for working women being supported by the central government.
Protection of women against Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013 operationalized
- Operating guidelines and training manuals issued
- She-Box for online filing of complaints launched
- Training of heads of Internal Complaint Committees of all central government ministries/ departments conducted.
Women empowerment at grass-root
- Comprehensive training programme for women heads of Panchayats developed and managed.
- All the two lakh+ heads of panchayats to be trained over the next three years.
- Passport guidelines for single women made easier
- Mentioning of the name of widow on death certificate of husband made mandatory.
- Regulatory instructions for cab operators issued to ensure safety of women passengers.
- Self-regulatory guidelines for matrimonial sites issued to ensure safety of women.
- 33% reservation for women in direct recruitment in police forces started – 8 states and all Union Territories have already mandated the same.
- Induction of women in fighter stream of Indian Air Forces started.
- Mahila e-Haat – online portal for women producers launched in 2016 – 26000, Women Self-Help-Groups already registered benefitting 3.5 lakh women artisans.
- Under PRADAHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA-GRAMIN, registry of the houses has to be made in the name of women
- Under MUDRA scheme , 70% beneficiaries of MUDRA are women.